– Virtual or face to face
– Typically 12-16 participants per session
– Interactive supported by course notes
– Approx. 1.5 hours
Working with a mentor can be integral to your career success. This course will help you get the most out of your relationship with your mentor. Interested in developing your own coaching and mentoring skills to use on yourself and others? Coaching involves developing your ability to listen, ask powerful questions and problem solve. This course is aimed at anyone who wants to develop their coaching skills and be a more focused mentee.
Key Programme Elements
Benefits of coaching and mentoring:
How coaching and mentoring can help career development.
Key differences and principles of mentoring and coaching.
Part 1 – Mentoring:
Finding a mentor.
The mentoring process.
Getting the most out of a mentoring relationship.
Part 2 – Skills for coaching:
Active Listening, Questioning, Challenging, supporting, agreeing next steps.
Introduction to the GROW model.
Practicing the skills of coaching:
Applying the GROW model to real life scenarios.
Giving and receiving feedback on those skills.
Participants will be able to:
• Understand the difference between coaching and mentoring.
• Consider what benefits mentoring and coaching bring.
• Get clarity on how to make the most out of a mentoring relationship.
• Develop an understanding of the skills to use when coaching.
• Practice coaching skills and receive feedback.