– Virtual or face to face
– Typically 12-16 participants per session
– Interactive supported by course notes
– Approx. 1.5 hours
Want to know how you can engage each member of your team? Help them fulfil their potential? Improve their decision making and problem solving? Coaching and mentoring is a powerful, non directive way for managers to support, develop and improve performance of their team members. There are many opportunities to use coaching at work. This course is aimed at anyone who wants to find more opportunities to develop their team members through coaching and mentoring.
Key Course Elements
Benefits and principles of coaching and mentoring:
How coaching and mentoring can help development and performance.
Key differences and principles of mentoring and coaching.
Opportunities to coach and mentor:
Identifying appropriate opportunities to coach and mentor team members.
Coaching as a manager:
When to tell and when to coach.
Considerations for coaching as a manager.
Skills for coaching and mentoring:
Active Listening, Questioning, Challenging, supporting, agreeing next steps.
Introduction to the GROW model.
Practicing the skills of coaching and mentoring:
Applying the GROW model to real life scenarios.
Giving and receiving feedback on these skills.
Participants will be able to:
• Define the difference between coaching and mentoring.
• Understand the benefits of coaching and mentoring at work.
• Determine when to apply coaching with team members.
• Implement the language, skills and techniques of effective coaching.
• Apply coaching skills to help develop their team members.