– Virtual or face to face
– Typically 12-16 participants per session
– Approx. 1.5 hours
As all top sportsmen and women know, the way we think can mean the difference between winning and losing. We now have the science to prove that the way we think enables us to win or lose, to thrive, or merely survive and to cope easily under pressure, or be broken by it. This interactive session is designed to shed light on the science of thought, identify key thinking patterns and provide strategies to enable you to cultivate personal mental resilience.
Key programme elements
The science of thinking:
Exploring how and why your brain winds you up and why the way we think is crucial to being able to function effectively and remain resilient when the going gets tough.
Examining key helpful and unhelpful thinking patterns and identifying the ones you use that support your wellbeing and the ones that detract from it.
Mind management strategies:
Covering simple, scientifically proven strategies based in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), and Mindfulness to help you control your mind and think for resilience.
Participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of thoughts and thinking.
• Recognise how and why the mind winds them up.
• Identify their personal helpful and unhelpful unconscious and automatic thinking patterns.
• Utilise simple CBT, NLP and Mindfulness based strategies to address unhelpful thinking patterns.
• Implement strategies to promote and enhance helpful thinking patterns.
• Understand how to implement a positive mental attitude in the midst of challenge Use strategies to promote personal mental resilience.