– Virtual or face to face
– Typically 12-16 participants per session
– Approx. 1.5 hours
Menstruation, maternity and menopause, all key life stages directly impacting just over 50% of the population and indirectly impacting the rest, yet for far too long they have been topics spoken about in hushed tones or avoided altogether. This short, interactive session is designed to open debate, promote discussion, explore facts, debunk myths and explain why it is crucial to understand these subjects in order to support and retain team members.
Key programme elements
Facts and stats:
Debunking myths, exploring facts and examining stats behind these key life stages, including why these should be topics we should all be discussing.
Exploring the science, reality and lived experience, including cultural workplace issues and internationally recognised good practice.
Examining fertility treatment, miscarriage, maternity and childbirth, the impact on the workplace, legal requirements, international variations and best practice.
Discussing the; what, when, why and how of menopause, including symptoms, menopause and the law, reasonable adjustments and positive support strategies.
Considering current practice and potential barriers to provision of best practice.
Participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of discussing and addressing the 3 Ms within the work environment.
• Recognise the role this plays in diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
• Understand the facts and recognise the myths.
• Gain greater understanding of the science behind each of the 3 Ms.
• Discuss and explore good practice and its importance in the support and retention of team members.
• Gain insight into the legal requirements relating to the 3Ms in a work context.
• Reflect on current company practice and internationally recognised best practice.